Corona Chronicles

Day 8 of being in quarantine: I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind, I've been stuck in this god forsaken house for too long and my body feels like it’s going to erupt. In the eight days I have been in quarantine I have:
Paced across my room 311 times
Stared at a wall for six hours
Aimlessly scrolled through facebook for 3 hours and netflix has asked “If i’m still watching” 45 times
So I would say things are going great… It’s extremely lonely being stuck inside with just my family all day. I look out my window but seeing a car let alone another person is rare. No restaurants are left open, only the grocery stores are left open and even then it’s hard to justify the need to go out.
Exercise is getting harder to justify, since it looks as though we’re going to be here for a while, in fact it’s getting harder to justify doing anything, getting up is becoming more of a hassle these days. I try to do something new each day to keep myself entertained but i’m slowly running out of new things to do. It’s a struggle
(But hey i’ll be able to tell my kids i survived a pandemic)
Only 6 more days till I can hopefully be unquarintined. I miss my friends. I’ve been FaceTiming them every day for hours at end. I’ve fallen asleep on FaceTime with my Boyfriend every night now for the past 8 nights. I know it’s hard right now to be in the house, but I’m hopeful that afterwards it’s gonna feel so good to be with everyone again. That’s what’s keeping me going. The thought that I will be able to see all the people that I love after this. 



Day 18 of being in quarantine: My parents have finally decided to let me go outside. Not in public or to the grocery store, but I’m allowed to go shoot hoops in my driveway now. I have worked out every day cause there’s not much else i can do. Ive been doing a lot of core and I’m starting to get abs, which is my goal by the end of all of this. Ive been starting to set goals like that to try and give myself some motivation at least. I don’t have much motivation in me to do anything, but setting some goals is helping a little bit. Every day keeps getting harder and harder because they keep pushing the date that this will be all over backwards. Pushing the date backwards is really hard on me. I’m a social person, i need to be around my friends and i need human interaction that’s not with my family. I don’t get a long great with my family. We have made some adjustments to try and get along, but me and my mom still argue a lot. For example, she just walked in as i was writing this and started yelling at me, we have our differences, a lot of differences. I don’t argue with my dad too often. My dad is like my best friend, but we have been arguing about one thing recently. He won’t let me out of the house, under any circumstance, even to let me see my boyfriend, which is really hard on me. I miss him so much and our FaceTime calls every night are nice and i get to hear his voice, but those FaceTime calls kinda hurt. I can see him and i can hear him, but he’s not really here, and that hurts. I don’t understand my dad’s logic as to why i can’t see him. If we see nobody else and don’t go out then we cannot spread the virus, but my dad thinks otherwise, so we have been arguing about that a lot this past week. I can feel my attitude start to drop. Every day i get more negative and feeling like this is never gonna end. I know it will eventually but its really hard, and i just want to see my friends. They came up with a new system for online school, and it’s actually not a bad system, but I have a super easy blue schedule on blue days, but a very challenging schedule on Green Days. All in all, i need to start getting more motivation or being stuck inside the house is only gonna get worse and worse






Day 20 of being in quarantine: Today my dad gave me good news. He believes that the virus has already passed through our house. My whole family had been a little sick like a quarter of the way through quarantine and last week everyone got better. He thinks this is a good thing because we can get tested for an anti-b thing and he told me if i test positive fo fit, meaning I already had it, then i am immune to the virus the next couple of moths and he will let me go out and see Joe. I know that this can be false hope and i can end up crashing into flames if the test don’t turn out that way, but it’s all I’ve got. That’s what I’m gonna hold onto for a while, that hope. I’ve got nothing else to hold onto. I am not one to watch the news, but when me and my mom fight i go downstairs in my dads office and just watch the news with him. I find it amusing how many times politicians contradict themselves when talking, or maybe it is just Trump that does that, i don’t watch enough News to know. My favorite guy that answers questions on the podium during press conferences is the doctor. He’s smart, to the point, and calls trump out when he says something that is wrong, inaccurate or just plain stupid, and i think we need more people like that in charge in our government. So overall, I’ve been educating myself more about what is going on in our world right now and I’m trying to cling onto any glimmer of hope i have for seeing Joe soon. I’m trying, I’m really trying to keep a positive mindset, but it’s really hard under these conditions and pretty soon, I’m ready to just lock my door and live under a rock within my own home till this is all over with.

Comments